Friday, April 10, 2009

Week 5

I drove myself to the clinic this week because I had to go to work right after volunteering. Surprisingly enough, the guys were only a couple of minutes late. Sam needed help getting ready for their upcoming fundraiser, and she divided the 7 of us into 3 groups. At first, she was going to give me a different project to do on my own, but then she let me tag along with Vincent and Khoa N.

Our job was to map out all of the locations that were donating food for the fundraiser because the food was going to be picked up on Saturday. In all, there were about 20 different restaurants and a handful of other people who donated. The problem was that the addresses we were provided were mailing addresses and not necessarily their physical addresses, so we had to do a little investigating via Google Maps to figure it out. We finished with about 30 min to spare, but Sam had nothing else for us to do, and the pharmacy didn't want our help. We ended up sitting around, drinking coffee and hot cocoa, and musing about the clinic's pet rabbit while we waited for the rest of our crew to finish.

On a side note, I really wish the clinic's parking lot stayed open at night. That way, I could just walk across Hamilton St. (now Milo Hamilton Way) to work and park for free instead of paying the parking meters.

0 comments: