Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Week 6

I didn't volunteer this week because I had to study for a Spanish test that afternoon. However, I did stop by the clinic with some of the guys. They were picking up letters from Sam confirming that they completed their volunteer hours, but I went to try to set up a shadowing time for April 18.

When we got there, Sam wasn't there yet, so in the meantime, we sat in the break area and ate Easter cookies that they had set out for employees & volunteers. After a few minutes, Sam arrived, and we got down to business. Knowing that most of the guys weren’t going to continue volunteering saddened me a little because they made it a lot more fun, not to mention we were getting a lot more work done by working as a group. Sam wasn’t sure whether they would have a doctor available for me to shadow on Saturday, but she promised to get back with me. Later, she e-mailed me to let me know that there would be a doctor in the morning, but I was unable to go because I had to go to the club fair at school to promote HOSA. Hopefully, I will be able to go to the next time they have a Saturday clinic day.

0 comments: